Wednesday, March 17, 2010

That wasn't so bad!




Well we are here in Seoul and through customs/immigration in less than 10 minutes (plus another 10 minutes waiting for our luggage). Everything arrived safely and we are ready to find our way to the SWS guesthouse. Kevin's actually looking for the shuttle while I write this. Isn't he so nice to take charge like that? I told him transportation, especially taxis, was one of my biggest worries here, so he said he would help with that. So far, we're off to a great start! :)

The plane ride was actually much more bearable than we anticipated. The seat cushions were a bit hard, so we have some sore tailbones, but other than that it went very quickly. I slept for maybe 2 hours, watched 2 movies (Blindside and Everybody's Fine), and started on some thank you notes from last week's neighborhood shower. In between the two meals and a snack, this really didn't leave much time left to get bored. I meant to get all the thank you's done, thinking I had plenty of time on a 13.5 hour plane ride, but I still have most of them left! So much for being productive :) Kevin enjoyed 3 movies (Up in the Air, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and This is It), plus tried out the Tetris on the On Demand Video System. Those things are great! I don't know how much Nicholas will let us use it on the way home, but there are still at least 2 or 3 movies I'd like to see.

Well Kevin is back now, so we best be on our way. Less than 17 hours until we meet our son!!!

2 comments:

  1. You posted this at 3am! Amazing. I am just giddy for you. Nearly 12 hours to go! I hope that you got another nap in after you arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was praying all day yesterday! So glad the plane ride was uneventful! It is beautiful and sunny in Iowa today and supposed to be tomorrow as well. Will continue to pray for you as you are traveling and meeting your precious son! God's blessings and so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete