(The first time I posted this I apologized for the temporary posts some of you may have received. Now I need to apologize because this is the second time I actually posted this entry. I accidentally erased the first entry when I input all the Citizenship info. Sorry … still getting used to this new system!)
Since a whole month has passed, we decided it was time to post some Christmas pictures… finally! It was a wonderful first Christmas together. We enjoyed starting new traditions and teaching Nicholas about the holiday. He had fun learning all about baby Jesus by playing with the nativity set that his Luckner aunts and uncle gave him. Nicholas learned to sign “baby” in December and usually did so with much gusto and enthusiasm. Ahh, to have faith like a child… He discovered Santa Claus through books and songs, but I think the biggest lesson learned was that Santa wears a hat. Anytime we talked about Santa or he saw one on a commercial, Nicholas would sign “hat.” Thus, this was the month when Nicholas learned to sign Jesus (aka “baby”) and Santa (aka “hat”). Needless to say, we enjoyed the simplicity of this year. Now onto the pictures!
Trying out the new table and chairs that Santa brought.
Getting the hang of opening presents. This one was from Daddy – Chuck the Rumblin’ Truck. Nicholas is still a bit scared of it!
Another present from Daddy. Not scared of whistles! In fact, it didn’t take long for him to realize how much fun it is to make really loud noises! :)
Daddy also decided to get something to encourage Nicholas’ artistic side in an environment where it is okay to be messy!
A gift from Mommy. Nicholas made Mommy’s day when the first thing he did when he saw the baby doll was give it a hug. He now likes to make it dance to music and give it rides in his stroller. We tried taking naps with it, but baby ended up being thrown on the floor. We decided not to encourage that behavior! :)
Fun with wrapping paper – the best part of all the presents!
Starting new traditions with cousin Eli: decorating cookies, and then eating them – YUM!
After all that hard work decorating cookies, it was time to try out the sleds. Can’t you tell how excited they were?!?
Dancing to the tractor music that Grandma and Grandpa Smith gave him.
Playing with the drum set that Grandma and Grandpa Luckner gave him. The volume level in our house has gone up a bit after the holidays with all the fun, new, noisy toys to play with!
Pure joy. We think it was a successful first Christmas together!

No comments:
Post a Comment